Stories of Christ

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

December 10 - Jesus Washing the Apostles' Feet

Jesus Washing the Apostles' Feet
After Jesus had eaten the Last Supper with His Apostles, He removed His outer robe and put a towel around His waist. Then He poured water into a basin and, one by one, began to wash and dry the Apostles' feet.

When Jesus came to Simon Peter, Peter asked the Lord why He was washing his feet. Jesus told Peter that he would not understand then but that he would know later. Peter said, "Thou needest not to wash my feet". "Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me". Peter said to Him, "Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head". Jesus told him that He needed only to wash his feet.

Jesus told His Apostles that they were not all clean because He knew one would betray Him.

When Jesus finished washing the Apostles' feet, He said, "If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done unto you".



What does Jesus mean when he says "ye should do as I have done unto you"?  (John 13:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment