Stories of Christ

Saturday, December 13, 2014

December 17 - Mary and the Resurrected Lord


Mary and the Resurrected Lord
Having found Jesus' tomb empty on the third day after His death, Mary Magdalene ran to tell Peter and John. They went back with her and saw for themselves that Jesus' body was not there. After Peter and John went home, Mary stood weeping outside the empty tomb. She looked into the sepulchre and saw two angels in white. Both were sitting where Jesus' body had lain. The angels asked Mary why she was crying. She said, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him".

Mary turned away and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not recognize Him. He asked her why she was crying and whom she was looking for. Mary thought He was the gardener or caretaker and said, "Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away".

Then Jesus said, "Mary." Mary turned and recognized Him and cried, "Rabboni," which means Master.

Jesus asked Mary not to touch Him because He had not yet ascended to His Father in Heaven. He told her to go to the Apostles and tell them that she had seen Him. Jesus said, "Say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God".

Mary hurried to tell the Apostles that she had seen the Lord and that He had spoken to her.

Watch this Bible video to reinforce the story. 

Read The Living Christ today.  When I read it aloud with my family, it only takes 4 minutes.  So, you do have time. :)

What does the resurrection of Jesus Christ mean for you personally?

No comments:

Post a Comment